This article explains some details about the creation of Ralf’s Catalan speech model.
1. I am preparing a Catalan scenario.
2. Press Open “Catalan”.
3. Press the Import dictionary button.
4. Import the dictionary as shadow dictionary.
5. Select the type of the dictionary. Select PLS lexicon. Press the Next button.
6. Provide the downloaded PLS dictionary. Press the blue folder button.
7. After downloading Ralf’s Catalan dictionary, you can import the dictionary into simon. Select the Catalan dictionary. Press OK.
8. The Catalan dictionary has been selected. Press the Next button.
9. The dictionary has been imported successfully. Press the Finish button.
10. The active vocabulary is empty. Switch to the Shadow vocabulary tab.
11. Scroll down. Select a word from the list.
12. Press the Add to training button. Press Train selected words.
13. Simon now displays a message:
Your vocabulary does not define all words used in this text. These words are missing:
Do you want to add them now?
Press the Yes button.
14. The Define word window opens. You don’t have to change anything here (you could, but you don’t have to). Simply press the Next button.
15. Please speak a word. The volume will be calibrated by Simon automatically.
16. The volume is now correct. Press the Next button.
17. Now it is time to record the Catalan word servicis. Press the Record button.
18. Simon is recording the word. Press the Record button again. Then press the Next button. Record the word again.
19. The new word has been added. Press the Finish button.
20. Now you know how to train a word with Simon. I recommend that you train 10 words. At least, that’s what I do. You can train any number of words – you can compile a speech model with even one trained word.
21. Additional words have been trained. Now switch to the Active vocabulary tab.
22. Ten Catalan words have been trained. The recognition rate is 2. That means that each word has been recorded two times.
23. Select Actions > Synchronize. Simon is now synchronizing. Wait a few moments. Now select Actions > Activate.
24. I won’t explain the next steps in my blog. At the moment I have the problem that simon is recognizing words that are part of my previous speech model. I have to do some modifications to make it work.
25. Download Ralf’s Catalan speech model, and use it with Simon.