How I create
Ralf's Romanian dictionary version 0.1.1:
1. Version 0.1 contains espeak phonemes. They should be converted into
2. Take a look at Romanian letters and pronunciation.
3. Off topic: The Romanian Revolution of 1989 was violent and forcefully. I hope that the next revolution will be peacefully. I support freedom and justice, especially the freedom of speech. Because the German legal system doesn’t guarantee the freedom of speech, I am developing
PLS dictionaries for a lot of languages. It would be nice if a native speaker from Romania would continue with the development of the Romanian
PLS dictionary. Let’s defend our freedom of speech with open source ASR software. It would be great if my
PLS dictionaries would become a part of the upcoming revolution.
4. I can’t find the word
Ralf's Romanian dictionary. I don’t know why this
<grapheme> element is missing. Sorry. At least his forename is in my
5. Edit the section
replace($espeak2ipa, 'aU', 'aʊ̯')
This diphtong is available in
Ralf's German dictionary, too.
6. Take a look into Romanian phonology – diphthongs. Adjusting the replacement rules:
replace($espeak2ipa, 'ea', 'e̯a')
replace($espeak2ipa, 'eI', 'ej')
replace($espeak2ipa, 'eo', 'e̯o')
replace($espeak2ipa, 'eU', 'e̯u')
replace($espeak2ipa, 'iI', 'ij')
replace($espeak2ipa, 'iU', 'ju')
replace($espeak2ipa, 'Oa', 'o̯a')
replace($espeak2ipa, 'uI', 'uj')
replace($espeak2ipa, 'yU', 'ɨw')
replace($espeak2ipa, 'yI', 'ɨj')
replace($espeak2ipa, 'w2', 'wə')
Of course, these are just guesses. At least, you should be able to understand the concept. I use
XPath to transform the
eSpeak phonemes into
7. Obviously, there are a lot of diphtongs and triphthongs available in the Romanian language. I have never heard of triphthongs before.
$ saxonb-xslt -s:'/media/5f6432a3-9a68-45ee-b4b7-11f3b009825a/home/am3msi/Documents/200911/romanian/romanian-dictionary.xml' -xsl:'/home/ubuntu/Documents/201005/dict-phonemes-espeak2ipa/ralfs-ipa-stylesheet.xsl' -o:'/home/ubuntu/Documents/201005/romanian-0.1.1/romanian-dictionary.xml'
Ralf's Romanian dictionary 0.1.1, and import it into simon. Take a look at the shadow dictionary:
The left column offers 155288 Romanian words. The right column contains the corresponding
10. I hope that a native speaker will improve this